If you’re suffering from a hearing loss, taking that first step toward getting help can seem a little scary. For many people with age-related hearing loss or other types of hearing loss that begin to cause symptoms at an older age, admitting they have a hearing problem makes them feel “old” – and that in turn can prevent them from enjoying their lives to its fullest. Ignoring a hearing loss can have serious health implications as well, with many studies linking untreated hearing loss with increases in depression, anxiety, frustration and even cognitive decline and dementia.
Hearing loss is more common than you think.
The fact is, developing hearing issues as we age is not uncommon – in fact, about one out of 10 people between 65 and 74 years of age and one out of every four over age 75 suffers from hearing loss – and that doesn’t take into account the men and women who have a hearing loss that has never been diagnosed or detected by a doctor. That means there are many other men and women facing the same hearing-related issues as you – and taking steps to correct those issues.
Misconceptions about hearing aid design can also prevent men and women from considering wearing a hearing aid. Chances are if you had an older relative who wore a hearing aid, you may be laboring under the false impression that hearing aids are large, obtrusive and even noisy. But that’s just not so. Beltone is a leader in digital hearing aid design and technology, and every Beltone hearing aid uses the most comfortable, ergonomic principles for designs that are small, lightweight and discreet, without the “whistles” and other feedback common with older analog hearing aids your grandparents may have worn.
Beltone’s Commitment to Better Hearing
At Beltone, we understand the consequences of having an untreated hearing loss and the toll it can take on quality of life and physical and emotional health. Our company was founded on the belief that every person who suffers from a hearing loss should have access to state-of-the-art technology aimed at improving hearing health and quality of life. Our hearing aids reflect that commitment and so does our customer service. In fact, every member of our team is dedicated to providing the highest caliber of care and attention for every customer based on each person’s unique needs for optimal results. Our free hearing tests, personal hearing health evaluations and proprietary Belcare aftercare program are great examples of our commitment to customer care at every stage of ownership, from selecting the ideal hearing aid to ensuring each device provides top performance for as long as you own it.
Start Your Journey With a Free Hearing Test
Requesting a free hearing test is the first step toward gaining a better understanding of your hearing health and determining if a state-of-the-art hearing aid could help you hear better. To request your free hearing test at one of our 27 locations in Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi, call us today toll-free at (888) 210-5846 or use our online form to request an appointment. And if you can’t make it to one of our locations you can also request an in-home evaluation to make enjoying better hearing even more convenient.
Exclusive BelCare Promise – The Most Comprehensive Hearing Healthcare Plan in the Industry
BelCare is a commitment to provide outstanding patient service. It is shared by Hearing Instrument Specialists and Audiologists at participating Beltone practices throughout North America. The BelCare commitment covers every step of the hearing aid purchase process, ensuring the highest level of long-term patient satisfaction.
What Does BelCare Promise Mean for You?
- Free cleanings and adjustments for the life of the hearing aid
- Free hearing aid evaluations for the life of the hearing aid
- Free annual audiometric screenings
All Beltone practitioners strictly adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations regarding hearing instrument dispensing protocols, and follow nationally accepted testing guidelines of the American Speech Language Hearing Association, the American Academy of Audiology, and the International Hearing Society. BelCare sets rigid standards by which every Beltone practitioner will provide care and services. It calls for a specific hearing testing protocol and minimum loss standards before a hearing instrument recommendation is made, a professional review of all fittings by a nationally credentialed Hearing Care Practitioner, and a detailed follow-up care program that helps patients adjust to hearing with amplification. Additionally, all BelCare providers have signed a Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct Agreement in which they reaffirm their obligation to promote and preserve the highest standards of ethical, caring service.
- Thorough Hearing Evaluation – Every participating BelCare provider offers a comprehensive 10-step hearing evaluation to clearly determine if you could be assisted with hearing instruments.
- Setting Realistic Expectations – Before you invest in your hearing instruments, a Beltone Hearing Care Practitioner will review the benefits and limitations of hearing aids with you. Learning to adjust to a hearing aid will take patience and cooperation on your part, and we want you to be fully informed about what you can realistically expect from hearing with amplification.
- Minimum Loss to Fit – Your hearing test results must indicate a loss within a range where a hearing aid could benefit you. If you are outside the fitting range for a hearing instrument, the Hearing Care Practitioner will be the first to tell them.
- Verification of Benefits – Within 30 days of delivery of your hearing instruments the Hearing Care Practitioner will demonstrate to you, through comparative tests, the improvement you have achieved in hearing and comprehension.
- Personalized Follow-Up Schedule – Your hearing instrument specialist will outline a specific follow-up schedule to help you adjust to hearing with hearing aids. Your Beltone practitioner will help you become more comfortable with and knowledgeable about your hearing aids, and they will also make any necessary adjustments to the aids themselves.
- 30-Day Refund Privilege – We want you to enjoy your new hearing instruments. But if you are not happy with your instruments, Beltone Hearing Care Practitioners offer a 30-day refund privilege. The practitioner will supply full details, including the amount of any applicable, non-refundable preparation or restocking fees as indicated by state law.
- Lifetime Care™ Program – Beltone backs every hearing instrument sold with a Nationwide Program of continuing care. We can clean, inspect, adjust and service your Beltone hearing instruments at any one of our 1,500 Beltone offices and service centers.
- Warranty and Lost, Stolen, and Damage Protection – You will receive free of charge a one year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty and one year of Lost, Stolen, and Damage Coverage (LS&D).
- Hearing Loss Change Protection – Beltone will provide you with a more powerful hearing instrument if, within a specified period of purchasing your hearing aids, tests reveal a loss of 15 or more decibels in the primary speech frequencies. The cost, if any and time limits for this plan vary by Beltone’s National Managed Care contracts and/or Beltone New England’s Hearing Healthcare Program selections/agreements.
- Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct – Every Beltone hearing care practitioner has agreed to follow and live by a strict code of ethical guidelines. We are dedicated to fulfilling the expectations we set with you, and commit ourselves to preserve the highest standards of service to our clients.
95% or Better Patient Satisfaction Rating
At Beltone, we believe we make hearing care easy and comfortable. Our patients tell us they agree.
- 99% Staff Friendliness
- 98% Ease of Making Appointments
- 98% Knowledge of Hearing Instruments
- 96% Convenient Office Locations
- 95% Live demonstration of Hearing Instruments
The Beltone experience is all about patient satisfaction. Come in and see for yourself.